Stable and Long-term Recording of All Signals in a ATLAS Neurophysiology System
Pegasus Software provides performance for integrated electrophysiology recording, experiment control, digital signal processing and responsive data displays for up to 512 channels.
- Online signal processing and display for LFP/EEG and Single Unit Action Potentials
- Online reference selection for quick reference changes
- Audio monitoring of electrode signals
- Comprehensive user interface
Flexibility to Process Signals as Needed
Pegasus receives the acquired signals from the ATLAS Acquisition Amplifier as raw, wide bandwidth, high resolution, high-rate sampled data records. Only the selected reference source has been subtracted from the signal input. Pegasus configuration and processing allows each input to be digitally “cloned” and processed as multiple sources: for example, as high frequency Single Unit Action Potentials and as EEG, even in distinct frequency bands (low frequency EEG, and High Frequency Oscillations), each with different filters, input signal ranges and file storage rates. This allows clinical review data to be stored at “normal EEG rates,” and microwire and research electrode signals to be stored at the full sampling rate.
Referencing at the Analog Signal Stage
Pegasus maintains and controls the flexible referencing capabilities of the ATLAS Acquisition Amplifier. This consists of 8 local references per 32 channel bank and 7 global references shared among banks. Referencing occurs before the signals are digitized to provide the best artifact rejection. In Pegasus, dedicated reference inputs or normal input channels may be used as references for any channel. Pegasus maintains references and channels by the name assigned in the configuration set-up to avoid errors and confusion.
- Raw data files store unfiltered 24 bit signals for offline reprocessing
- Compatibility with NAS systems allows extended recordings
- Online network data distribution for experiment control and analysis
Performance and Usability
- Configuration files for complete control of all settings
- Multi-threaded for full use of computer resources
- Efficient CPU usage while processing large channel configurations